Training for your Early Years setting…
We specialise in Paediatric First Aid, delivering training at your venue.
We ensure your team know what to do when the worst happens!
We offer an inavitive blended learning option, using virtual, online and classroom training. Giving your team the flexibility they need to learn essential safety skills at a time and place that suits them.
Practical training is still the best way to learn new skills. Confirm your training with our highly qualified trainers…
We offer the OFSTED recommended First Aid Qualification for Childcare professionals.
Level 3 Paediatric First Aid Training Course (RQF)
Under Government guidelines, it is now mandatory, for all Childcare professionals to have a valid First Aid qualification.
See full article here: OFSTED Website.
The Paediatric First Aid training course is specifically designed for:
- Teachers, teaching assistants and other schools staff,
- Groups of Childminders,
- Youth group leaders,
- Scout and guide leaders,
- Others working with children up to the age of eight.
This Level 3 Paediatric First Aid qualification is made up of two units, which must both be completed to gain the award. They are:
- Paediatric Emergency First Aid,
- Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury.
Paediatric Emergency First Aid
In unit 1 the learner must:
- Understand the role of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and act safely and effectively
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an in infant and child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant who is wounded and bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
In Unit 2 the learner must:
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and child with a suspected fracture and a dislocation
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with a head, neck or back injury
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with burns and scalds
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who has been poisoned
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who has been bitten or stung
Blended Paediatric First Aid Course
We have created our own version of blended learning. This is how our blended paediatric first aid training works:
- 3 hours virtual learning via zoom (This can be broken into 2 x 90-minute sessions).Our video
- Video conferencing with a highly skilled trainer, covering our introduction to the course, roles and responsibilities of a first aider, Major conditions (Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Meningitis, Seizures, Diabetes) and Head Injuries.
- 3 hours via our Online Learning Portal. This covers a refresher of the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, Eyes, ears and nose injuries, the effects of heat and cold, shock, burns, meningitis refresher, and poisoning.
- 6 hours in the classroom. With one of our highly skilled trainers, we cover the primary survey, infant and child CPR, use of an AED, secondary survey, recovery position, Choking, bleeds, and give the learners time to show practical knowledge of these subjects with a mixture of games and role-play exercises.
We feel this unique learning option gives learners more opportunity to engage with the group and trainer, and gain valuable practical experience. We feel this is preferential to the 6 hours Online, 6 hours offline option that is offered by other providers.
We can offer these courses as Qualifications, and unregulated in house certificates.